- 1 kg chicken mid wings
- 1 sachet Kopi O (Extra Strong)
- 1 sachet Double Shot White Coffee
- 1 teaspoons ginger, freshly grated
- 4 tablespoon palm sugar, grated to taste
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon L & P sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoon paprika powder to taste
- Cilantro leaves to taste (garnish)
Coffee Coating flour Mix:
1 cup self raising flour
1 sachet Double Shot White Coffee
1 beaten egg (for coating)
Coffee Sauce Dip:
(Bring to the boil and add in thickening solution)
1 tbsp olive oil
2 Tablespoons butter
1 cup Kopi O (Extra Strong)
1/3 cup honey (to taste)
2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1 tbsp Paprika powder
1 tbsp potato starch (mix into 3 tbsp water)
- Rinse chicken wings with cold water and pat dry. Place wings in a large glass bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine ginger, palm sugar, soy sauce, vegetable oil, coffee from sachets and paprika powder and stir to evenly combine. Add the wings and toss evenly with the marinade. Place the wings in the refrigerator and allow them to marinate for a minimum of 3 hours and a maximum of overnight.
- Drain chicken mid wings, deep mid wing into egg mixture then roll over a light coating of coffee coating flour mix. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place the wings on a baking tray and bake for 20 to 25 minutes, turning them half way through. Wings are done when they look shiny, golden brown and have a bit of a crispy edge around them.
- Serve with mango fruit Jam salad or coffee sauce dip.