We are writing to you in regards with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA) where Cornell Sales & Service Sdn Bhd and its subsidiaries (collectively referred to herein as “Cornell”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) recognises the importance of protecting your personal information (“Personal Data”) and is committed to the compliance of the Personal Data Protection Act 2010, which came into force on February 01, 2017.
This Privacy Statement explains:
- The purpose of personal information collected
- What type of personal information we collect
- Collection of your personal information
- Storage and retention of your personal information
- Protection of your personal information
- When we may disclose to third party or transfer abroad your personal information
- The completeness and correctness of your personal information
- Your right to access and correct your personal information
Please read this Privacy Statement to understand how we may use and collect your personal information from you.
1. The purpose of personal information collected
The personal information we collected, which you provide to us voluntary on the related channels will be processed for the following purposes:
- To complete transaction with you.
- We may use and process your data for Marketing and Promotional Purpose by way of post, telephone call, email, short message service (SMS), by hand and/or by email.
- To send your alerts, newsletters, updates, mailers, promotion materials, special privileges, festive greetings Cornell, its partners or sponsors.
- To notify and invite you to events or activities organised by Cornell, its partners or sponsors.
- To process your registration to participant in or attend an event or activity and to communicate with you regarding your attendance at the event or activity.
- To share your personal data with its partners, event companies or sponsors who may communicate with you to market their products, services, events or promotions.
- To use your personal data and/or photos for post event news, newsletter print, events covered and write up by media support.
- To respond to your queries, requests and feedback.
- To share Cornell advertisement including social media, magazines, newspapers, TVC, video clips and radio.
- To announce the result of contests and competition and lucky draws and identify and contact the winners, and in order to publicise and conduct marketing strictly related to these contests, competitions and lucky draws.
- To share with and process by Sub-Contractor for repairing or service purpose.
2. What type of personal information we collect
The personal information collected by us may include the following (but is not limited to):
- Identity Card Number or Passport Number
- Phone Number(s)
- Date of Birth
3. Collection of your personal information
When you register your personal information to Cornell by any relevant channels, you are giving your consent to Cornell to process your personal data.
Cornell may collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources such as:
- Fill up application, survey or registration forms or other similar forms
- From Cornell Facebook pages, if you follow, like or are a fan of such pages
- When you interact and communicate with Cornell at any events or activities
- When you enter contest organized by Cornell, its partners or sponsors
- By using Cornell website
- Cornell live chat
- Warranty card
- Corresponding of queries, complaints and feedback
- Dealers application form
- Purchase order
4. Storage and retention of your personal information
Your personal information will be stored either in hardcopy, softcopy or stored in server. Your personal information will be kept as long as necessary for the fulfilment of the purpose for which it is processed stated in (1) above.
5. Protection of your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure once your personal information comes into our possession
A username and password may be essential for you to use some sections of this Website. We require you to keep these confidential and to change your password regularly (if required) for your own protection.
6. When we may disclose to third party or transfer abroad your personal information
Please note that your personal information may be disclosed to other companies within Cornell, its related companies and selected collaboration partners, to inform you about new launches, projects, events and/or other marketing activities. By continuing to use our products or services or to receive our marketing material, you will be taken to have consented to us processing your personal information in accordance with the Notice.
7. The completeness and correctness of your personal information
You are responsible to ensure that the personal information you provide to us is accurate, complete, and not misleading and that such personal information is kept up to date. We may not able to process your application or any relevant transaction with Cornell if your personal information provided to us is incorrect or incomplete.
8. Your right to access and correct your personal information
We will continue to process your personal information once you voluntary register your personal information to us from relevant channel, example: to send you relevant updates. However, you have the right to access and correct your personal information.
If you wish to withdraw your consent to any use of your personal information, or if you have any questions, complaints relating to your personal information, or you would like to obtain access, update and make corrections to your personal information records, please contact us at email@example.com.
This site contains links to other sites. Cornell is not responsible for the privacy practices or the contents of such sites. Cornell reserve the right to amend this Privacy Statement from time to time without prior notice. We advise that you check this Privacy Statement on a regular basis.
Cornell shall deem that you have received, understood the contents and consented to Cornell processing of your personal data in accordance with the above if Cornell does not receive any written reply from you to the contrary within fourteen (14) working days from the date of this notice.